Friday, December 25, 2009

Path to Open War!


The path to open war with the Enemy has begun. The Elves of Lothlorien have begun a sortie into Southern Mirkwood, a mere swim across the Great River Anduin. The Golden Host, as they've been named, has been charged by Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn to bring war to Dol Guldor, where Sauron himself dwelt under the guise of the Necromancer, following his defeat at the foot of Mt. Doom. The White Council overthrew him and he fled once again, returning in time to Mordor. In his stead, the Nazgul came after a while and there, the Lord of the Nazgul himself ruled and gathered to himself an army of orcs in preparation for when his master would wage war anew against the Free Peoples of Middle Earth.

By declaring open war on Dol Guldor, the gaze of the Eye of Sauron would be diverted from the true threat. I for my part, have joined with a separate group within the Host on an errand which I will not utter here, though a foreboding has entered my heart about this errand of which I speak.

I must rest 'ere dawn comes. As I write these words, I am taking time to look up into the heavens and I caught a glimpse of Valacirca, Sickle of the Valar, amongst the clouds and hope is renewed in my heart.

No comments: